Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ethiopia - Day 3 (cont.)

Here's a picture of the gorge...though it truly doesn't do it justice at all!

Pressed send too soon last post! For dinner that night we went to a place called Family Restaurant that our driver touted as the best food in Addis. Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it wasn't bad. It was quite possibly the best hot chocolate I've ever had in my life though, so I may go back just for that reason! The food portions were huge and we both only ate about half our meal. When the server came to take our plates he was very distressed that we hadn't eaten enough and brought the menu back so we could chose a different meal. We insisted we liked them, we were just full...but he was clearly upset. I asked for a take out box and we ordered an ice cream sundae (which was delish!) just to make him feel better! (If you go there order a burger, that's what everyone else seemed to be ordering...)

1 comment: