Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Destination Denver (aka deep thoughts by Steve)

We received Cora's visa this afternoon. This is the last document that we needed to bring her home. No more paperwork to complete, appointments to be had, fees to be paid, files to process. Nothing. All that stands between us and home is the plane ride.

As I write this, I am reminded of one of my favorite bible verses - Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". This will be my motto, my plea, and my cry over the next thirty hours and I will probably say it in my head over a thousand times on our journey home.

I also know that once we are home, this process will seem like a distant memory but we are very thankful and humbled by our time here. The country, people, and culture have been more amazing and kinder than we could have ever imagined. We are not sure when we will be back again but we know we will be.

And with that, we are headed home. In thirty hours this journey will be over and the next chapter that God is writing with our family will begin. Thank you all for the support and prayers during this journey. See you soon.

Love and Godspeed,
Steve, Kelly, and Cora

1 comment:

  1. Phil 4:12 "For I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
    Remember to meditate on this part too. There are sure to be moments where you are short on sleep, food, patience... may you find contentment in the completeness of your family and the strength that comes from Christ. Your journey has been an inspiring testimony of faith in practice. Thank you for sharing it so openly. We look forward to celebrating all of your blessings soon! Love, grace, and peace.

    ReplyDelete