Monday, December 26, 2011

A Bedtime Prayer

Tonight as we go to sleep, a young woman will be going before an Ethiopian judge and relinquishing all rights to the little girl she gave birth to 8 month ago.  I can only imagine this will be one of the hardest things she's ever had to do in her life.  It's been a really emotional day for me just thinking about what she must be going though during the long drive to the capital city.  (Watching We Bought a Zoo didn't help out my emotional state either!)  So, before you go to bed tonight, please say a prayer that peace and comfort would surround her.

 

There is also a possibility she could change her mind and decide to take baby girl home with her.  Honestly, we are so smitten with her already, we would be completely and utterly heart broken...and it's really hard for me to even think about that ending.  But I know in my heart that adoption is a second choice, that God intended for kids to be raised by the parents that gave birth to them.  So, I will also be praying if there is any possible way that her birth mom can raise her and give her a love-filled home...that she would go home with her mom tonight. 

 

If she does relinquish her rights, we will be on our plane 48 hours from now!  My brain is pounding for all the prep work, but it'll be worth it when we get to hold that sweet little girl...

1 comment: